This information is taken from from this website.
Hibbert Newton Binney
Stephen Hall Binney
Rev. Hibbert Binney
|1783||Binney, Jonathan||Guysborough County|
|Chief Magistrate and Superintendent of the Fishery at Canso from 1764 until his house and property were destroyed by New England Privateers. In 1772 he had entered the Mackarel Fishery at Crow Harbour, where he was granted a licence to occupy lands. In view of his recent loss, Binney requests a grant to James Sterling's land at Crow Harbour (if it is escheated) or a continuance of his licence.
Memorial to which two letters and a certificate are attached.
|1784||Binney, Jonathan||Halifax County|
|In 1759 memorialist purchased the house, lands and inclosures where he now lives in Halifax, 'being Number eleven in Galland's Division,' and prays for a grant to confirm his title to the same.
Approved -- J. Parr, 22 Oct., 1784.
|1768||Newton, Henry||Cumberland County|
|On behalf of John Newton, William Nesbitt Swan and Hibbert Newton Binney.
Memorial for one share each for the three men at Point Conomy (Economy), where a new township is being formed.
|1784||Binney, Hibbert Newton||Guysborough County|
|Late Ensign (R.N.S. Volunteers).
Memorial for 500 acres at Chedebucto.
Warrant to Survey: 500 acres.
Surveyor's Report: 500 acres. Chedabucto Harbour. Bounded in part by land formerly granted Captain Richard Smith.
Surveyor's Certificate: Not Crown Reserve.
Draft Grant: 500 acres. Chedabucto Harbour.
Warrant to Survey.
|1787||Sherlock, George William and Binney, Stephen H.||Guysborough County|
|Memorialists had improved a tract of land at Crow Harbour, formerly granted to James Sterling, and carried on a fishery there. Erected store houses and other buildings at the cost of nearly 500 pounds. The land had been escheated some time before at their instance.
Memorial for grant of land.
Warrant to Survey.
Surveyor's Report: 500 acres. Crow Harbour. Bounded in part by land granted Andrew Finucane. County of Sydney.
|1820||Binney, Hibbert||Cape Breton|
|Petition to Stewart: Petitioner is rector of the parish, and asks a grant of Long Island and another small island in Bras d'Or. Report of Crawley to Crowdy: Two islands, 495 acres. The larger island to be called "The Parturient Mountain" and the smaller, "Mouse Island". Plan.|
|1821||St. George's Parish, Sydney||Cape Breton|
|Petition to Kempt: the Rector, H. Binny, and the church wardens of the Parish, ask a grant of a small tract of land, about 30 acres, on the southern side of Fresh Water Creek, and between the Creek and the Glebe land. If it remains as a reservation, the woodlot is still accessible, but if it should be granted to any private individual, it would isolate the glebe land from the water and from the wood land. The glebe is in danger of being despoiled of its wood by the depredations of persons occupying Hard Wood Hill, whose intriguing affords them a faculty of passing undetected. H. Binney, A.M. Rector, and T. Crawley & P.H. Clarke, Wardens.|
© Jo Edkins 2008 - Return to Binney index