In the 1881 Census the house was occupied by:
George Tiplady, tailor, lived in 24 Gwydir St in 1913 (see Spalding's Directory). Apparently he also lived at number 2 in 1904 and 1913. So either he owned both properties, or perhaps the 1913 duplication is a mistake!
Cambridgeshire Regiment Awards 1914-1918 lists under "Military Medal ", 2126 L/Cpl Eric Royal Tiplady, 24 Gwydir St, Cambridge. C coy. For 13-11-16 at St Pierre Divion, Somme (LG 16-2-17).
Return to History of Gwydir Street
Return to Homepage