Robert S. Watts, carman, lived in 66 Gwydir St in 1913 (see Spalding's Directory).
From owners of 129 Hemingford Rd, detached housed next to entrance to Romsey Red, though in 1897 this was a field.
The deeds to our house say that the land was drawn up on 25th June 1897 between Joseph Sturton of 1 Park Terrace, Cambridge and Henry Alfred Chapman of 66 Gwydir Street. Henry Chapman, a house painter, owned and lived in 129 Hemingford Rd with his wife Emma and daughter Maud from around this time.
Return to History of Gwydir Street
Return to Homepage