This is an American recipe for Chocolate pudding. It is more like a flavoured custard rather than a cake-like pudding. It is also very sweet, so be warned!
1 tsp vanilla essence
heat and whisk until thicken
cool before eating
- Heat milk.
- Measure and add the sugar. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Measure the , sugar and cocoa.
- Add dry ingredients to hot milk slowly, whisking as you do so.
- Heat and stir briskly until the mixture thickens.
- Add vanilla essence. This is supposed to be eaten cold, if you can wait that long!
- I have made this using grated plain (dark) chocolate rather than cocoa.
- I have also made this using a lot less sugar, and it still tasted good!
© Jo Edkins 2010 -