Useful for getting rid of egg yolks! I'm not quite sure that I have this one right, yet. Scale up the amounts, but a lot may take longer to cook.
1 egg yolk
small casserole (ramekin)
time in oven: 40 mins
- . Use the egg white for something else! (You can leave it in the custard.) Mix in the sugar and milk using a fork - it doesn't need much mixing.
- Put the mixture into the small casserole. If you are only doing a single egg yolk, then this is a very small amount, so will need an individual ramekin.
- Put the tin in the oven. This needs to cook for about 40 minutes. At the end, the custard should be set.
- You can add various extra ingredients. Vanilla is good. Grated nutmeg on top is traditional. There are various 'sweet' spices which could be used, such as cardamom.
- Mine didn't quite come out right - it separated a little. .
© Jo Edkins 2017 -